Thursday, May 19, 2011

Introduction

    My name is Traci, and I am an addict. My story begins in Eagle River Wisconsin, the town where I was born. There are many theories why people become drug addicts. Some believe it's genetic, some think it's a character flaw, and some believe it's environmental factors .I believe it's the combination of things. (For me at least.) First off I believe I was born this way. I also have many relatives on both sides of my family, in which my parents educated me very little on. I also went through abuse as a child, and at this point I will not disclose specifics. I also was picked on in school. I could never seem to fit in, I was fat, I was a dork, whatever I tried to be I was never acceptable. Any time I tried telling my parents how miserable I was, I was always shut down. Finally something inside of me began to snap around the age of 13. I smoked pot for the first time, and I finally felt like I belonged somewhere. I also really liked getting high, and becoming a totally different person. I felt like a rebel, unique, and like I belonged to a secret society of sorts. From that first time I used I was driven to become more unique and strange. I wanted to be extreme in my using. Life was already beginning to revolve around using drugs. If only I could have seen the road ahead, but everything happened for a reason.

No comments:

Post a Comment