Thursday, May 19, 2011

Crazy Neighbor 2

  • Once in while Trouble would slip into the hall, run up the stairs, down the hall, back down the front stairs, and back home. The whole time I would follow. My friend up the street one night wanted to go out to the bar. I wanted to stay put. So we compromised. We went to the bar for about an hour then came back to my apartment. When I left I pulled the door shut, Trouble peeking at me, and dead bolted the door. There was no lock on the knob, just the dead bolt.

    When we returned I could see someone had tried to pry the living room screen away. We walked inside the apartment and my furry companion was no where in sight. We searched high and low, no kitten. I began to panic. I said, "That son of a bitch upstairs has her!" I  tore out the door and ran up the stairs, my friend in tow. I pounded on the nut jobs door, and he answered the door with my cat tucked under his arm! I flipped out. What the hell was he doing with my cat?! His explanation was that she was out wandering the halls, which I knew was crap. She was sitting on the floor looking at me when I closed the door and locked it.

    Some time passed and things seemed calm. I came home from work one afternoon, and he pooped up in my living room window asking me if I wanted a beer. Being a good addict I said sure. (Yes, even after all of the crap he pulled.) I wanted a freaking beer, and when you're an addict you take what you can get. So I changed and wandered upstairs. I drank one, and cracked a second. I took a sip and went to the bathroom.  When I came out I picked up my beer and took a swig. Something hit my front tooth. I went to the kitchen sink and spit the beer out. A large white pill came out with the beer. I grabbed the beer and dumped the rest out. Three more large white pills came out of the can. I walked over and got in his face. I asked him what the hell he thought he was doing. Of course he claimed he had no idea how they got in there.

    I called the police and met them at a nearby gas station. I handed over the evidence, and he admitted to the police that he had put a large dose of Lithium in my drink. He said I was too high strung and needed to relax. It took several years and me badgering the DA to prosecute him. He was convicted of a lesser charge of attempting to poison, or something along those lines. I still have a card somewhere with a number to call and I can find out where his last known address is.

    When I moved I just left hastily. I told the owners not to tell him where I went. He continued to call me on occasion until one of my friends answered my phone and chewed him out.

No comments:

Post a Comment